Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day Hiking at the Laurance S. Rockefeller, Jr. Preserve Grand Tetons


This place just opened a little over a week prior to our arrival. I really loved this place; totally built as a sustainable environment although I felt a little odd not flushing the composting toilet; I can't imagine that my waste is contributing positively to the environment. 

We toured the museum preserve that would plunge you so deeply into a meditative state you would certainly have an out of body experience (which unfortunately didn't happen to us due to the dirty sweat bound to our bodies from lack of bathing for 2 days. We then took a 3 mile hike to the lake and marveled at nature's finest in trees, water, flora, design and the sweet smell of our sweat.

Take note of the message  from Laurance Roackefeller...it was a reminder of why Mike and I decided to take this trip. 








No comments: