Thursday, April 30, 2009

Job Number 303 I dont want


At the Reptile park we watched this lady "milking" a Funnel Spider so they can make anti venom. Was pretty interesting. I liked the set up with the little camera and projection so you can see the what is going on. Actually made me a tad sick.
These Funnel spiders are all over the place and are scary. The funnel spider is one of the top three deadliest spiders in the world.

We had lunch with our new Terrigal friends and they said the funnel spiders fall into the pool sometimes and they make a little air bubble with web and stay alive. I guess they are hoping the water will dry up and they can walk away. They said they always check the pool for them.

More on Funnel Spiders go here.

1 comment:

Cliff Curry said...

I hear that those spiders have TINY little udders -- definitely hard to milk!