Saturday, April 18, 2009

We Had a Snafu at Gate 98 and Mike is Still Alive!


Just prior to our departure, I was called to the podium at Gate 98 SFO regarding a "VISA" issue. The story goes like this.  Just hours prior to our departure we realized that we had not secured visas for our trip!  We only had our passports and didn't realize we also needed visas.  However, thanks to the internet we were able to apply online.  Long story short, I had Mike's passport and he had mine so we applied assuming the other's identity.  Unfortunately, Mike filled out my application with erroneous information primarily my name and sex!  Panic causes confusion.  The ticket agent took a look at me and then my boobs and asked me if I had a sex change in the pass 6 hours.  I stated, "NO, not that I am aware of!"  So he called the visa agency and corrected the "problem."  Lucky for Mike, we travelled together.  There are a few obvious lessons learned. 

 


No comments: